Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Welcome to Stargazers Lounge

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customise your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Grant

Light Pollution Petition   24/05/16

Please sign the online petition to "Introduce legislation to combat light pollution" and help spread the word! https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/119428
robindurant

Registax 6 problem

9 posts in this topic

Is it me or is anyone else having problems with Registax 6

I am getting artifacts on my image, usually straight lined multi sided shapes.

I have followed the instructions and tried different settings.

It is more obvious on Moon and Sun AVis

These are associated with multipoint alignments.

Are you using the latest V6 upgrade?

Re-setting the quality/ alignment criteria can help.

I agree with Ken on that Ron... I used to get them in Regi4 all the time. We can take a quick look at the Adur meet this evening if you like.

I have problems with the software freezing. :) Going to try ver5 instead.

Downloaded new version. Still no luck.

Here is the result

post-12956-13387765713_thumb.jpg

Not to hijack a thread, but I am having memory problems with the same software and version. Should I publish a new thread, or are these problems both having to do with memory issues ? I get an "out of memory" error when I try to stack a series of RAW images.

Jim S

Got the same thing - the multi-sided shapes on Jupiter and Moon shots. Any solutions known? Thanks, James

Lots of folk (including myself) are getting the "crazy paving" effect. Sorry but I have not seen anyone come up with a definitive reason for it or an answer as to how to avoid it yet.

I know it's not a solution to Registax's issue, but have you tried giving AVIStack a go instead?