Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn from 05 Apr

Vega

I've started to do drift alignment. Now I can use way more frames than before, the planet behaves itself and doesn't try to run away from view anymore.

saturn05Apr07.jpg

Philips Toucam Pro II, 1300 of 2200 frames. Too green/Yellow ?

Matt

Do you use a fringe killer filter to combat the chromatic aberration? I used to have a similar refractor and I found this to be a problem with images.

Great Pic, nonetheless.

By the way, sending focuser bits to you today.

Geoff

I don't use a fringe killer as I have the F8.3 1000mm focal length skywatcher which doesn't suffer from CA as much as the f5 cousin. Still, I have considered getting one as I do get noticable CA on the moon and Venus. My Saturn pic was sufferenig from an all over green tinge (I think due to my webcam settings at the time).

Re: Focuser.. thanks very much Geoff. I sorted my horrible focuser lock (piece of plastic escaping) problem so now just need to screw in that rack and all should be dandy again. :D

Matt

Archived