SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Clear Skies, but what's with the seeing?

geoff_k

Really enjoying this period of clear skies. It makes a welcome change from recent months.

Typically, though, clear skies don't always mean good conditions for astrophotgraphy. Did this one of Saturn last night, using eyepiece projection with my Sirius Plossl 7.5mm. It's pushing it a bit, but if only I could get the right conditions I think I could nail a good image with this eyepiece. But ... there go those flying pigs again ....

This was the best of c2000 frames processed in Registax and PS.

post-13129-133877326976_thumb.jpg

Here's a second one that I eventually got round to processing.

Similar number of frames. In both cases, the disk detail is apparent but because I can't get the sharpness, the Cassini is not as pronounced as I would like.

We keep trying.

post-13129-133877326977_thumb.jpg

I know what you mean... seeing has been terrible here too over Easter. I couldn't see the hills from my town in the daytime always a tell tale sign of bad seeing. Went out last night and things looked a lot better until the cloud rolled in ... :D

Maybe the rest of this week will be better.

Matt

Archived