SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

PHD NEQ6 autoguide rate

Hi Freddie - I'm not that experienced with PHD yet but I've used 1x to date, although when I had issues the first time out with my finderguider, there was a suggestion to change it but increasing the calibration sorted my particular problem...

What guidescope will you be using...?

Hi Andy, I have a ST80 with a DBK21. My guiding is OK usually within +/- 0.5 pix on the PHD graph but was interested to know what others use. Did try some different settings last night, but all I proved was that an MN190 with a dew shield makes a good sail !!!

What a brilliant question. I've just realized that I've been being a bit thick again! :(

I've been wondering how to get better guiding from my system and I've just realized that, using EQASCOM with EQMOD, I have a guide rate of 0.1x sidereal as per the tutorial videos I've watched. If I increase this my guiding system will have more influence on the mount and give me more options for better guiding.

Obvious huh?

Thanks guys. :)

Mark

Archived