Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

eyepiece advice

faulksy

hi peeps want to get a new decent ep around 10mm this is for my cpc9.25 sct. spoke to kim he said badder are good just wanted to no what peeps are using. also looking at the badder it says 1.25/2" is this true 2" or just means it fits 2"diagonal. thanks in advance. regards mike:)

Do you mean the Baader Hyperion ?. If so it's a 1.25" eyepiece that can be used in a 2" focuser although there is no real benefit in doing so, IMHO. They would be a great eyepiece in the 9.25" SCT though.

Hi Mike

If you are after something around that focal length i would go for either a TV plossl 11mm or a TMB 9mm plantery have used both in that scope and got some very nice views for me the TMB was the more comfortable to use

Kevin

Hi Mike

If you are after something around that focal length i would go for either a TV plossl 11mm or a TMB 9mm plantery have used both in that scope and got some very nice views for me the TMB was the more comfortable to use

Kevin

hi kev. were do you get the tmb from ?.

Hello,

just wanted to add something to your thread,

at the end of the day you get what you pay for, the TMB or clone is a great eyepeice at that price point but if you compare it to the baader hyperion you will see a large difference in quality.

i like the twist up eyecups on the tmb but find it has a rather warm look and doenst have as bright image as the baader

either one i am sure you would be happy with :-) best of luck

Hello,

just wanted to add something to your thread,

at the end of the day you get what you pay for, the TMB or clone is a great eyepeice at that price point but if you compare it to the baader hyperion you will see a large difference in quality.

i like the twist up eyecups on the tmb but find it has a rather warm look and doenst have as bright image as the baader

either one i am sure you would be happy with :-) best of luck

thanks mate all comments wanted

You might also want to consider the new Celestron X-Cell LX eyepieces. I've been testing a couple of them and am very impressed. Great contrast and sharpness and hardly any distortion near to the edge even in a fast scope.

Have yet to do a head to head with a Hyperion but I would expect it to come out on top. The LXs are that good.

John

Archived