Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Bizibilder

My first attempt at M31

Well I had to! Everybody has a go at this and I thought I'd join in. This needs work as I only managed three and a half hours of 5min subs last night - I was about to do some "shorts" to get the core when the clouds rolled in! Anyway those will be added next time I hope. My processing is not the greatest but this is the first night imaging I've been able to do for six weeks!

ED80, reducer, Canon 1000D unmodded, HEQ5 with EQMOD, guided with QHY5 and PHD.

As always comments and criticism appreciated........

post-17157-133877655402_thumb.jpg

Nice one, better than my best M31 to date....... if only the bloomin clouds would, well, do one!.... Thanks for sharing.

Gary

That is an excellent image. I hope that I can do half as well tonight. First two subs in - hope the cloud keeps away.

Dave