SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn 06/04/07

Chubster

Hi all. My first Saturn with the C8. Toucam, un-barlowed. I really like this scope :D

Although I am fairly happy with this I just cant seem to get the processing right. I would like a bit more colour but don't really know how to go about it, so any pointers would be great. I would appreciate someone having a play with it and showing me what it should look like. I have Paint Shop Pro 8 but really don't know how to use it.

Seeing was quite good but was viewing over our flats :lol: Would I be right in saying that heat escaping from the flats would effect seeing?

All critical comments as always greatly appreciated....its the only way we learn :D

image.jpg

Adrian

That's a good first effort.

As for advice, I think a Barlow would be good to increase the image scale. I think I'm right in saying that the C8 is F10 in which case you would get F20 which is a better focal length for processing.

Try and capture as many frames as you can. It also looks as the various colour channels need aligning. You can do this in Registax with the RGB Align feature.

Keep them coming. Practice (and good seeing) is essential.

Geoff

Cheers Geoff, was just getting the barlow out when she disappeared under the roofs....Now I might regret asking this :D.... but in your pics from tonight I notice Saturn is tilting the other way to mine. Which is right ?

I'll get my coat :?

Chub

Blimey, that's a great start with the C8

Agree with Geoff, the barlow would have helped a lot.

Looking at the detail in that one, you might be able to get a bit

more out of it by playing some more in Registax.

Oh and yes, the heat rising from buildings is a pain :D

They all are Chub, there's no up and down in space. It just depends on where you, or the camera, are standing. For some things it's convention to have north up, but that's for scientific stuff rather than the more lax stuff that we do here.

Captain Chaos

So its not a scope thing ie reversing the image :?

Archived