Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A few from the past few weeks

NickH

Better contrast on the SV50 for sure, The Coronado SM60II is very very good for the money (the one I have anyway I am v happy with), and as soon as I pick up the new adapters next week it will be the double stack rig with the PST mod, so hopefully <0.5A will make it even better

Yes, would expect the solarscope to be contrastier. I just wish Coronado would ditch their horrible helical focusser and get a decent crayford on their solarmax lineup. Might be interesting to see the effect the PST mod has in the Solarscope :)

Can't fit the PST mod to the SV50 I have...plus the SV50 has a helical focuser...never ever had any issue with it. I love the ease of tuning on the SM60II filter though, twist the whole assembly...much easier than trying to find the small etalon tuning knob on most scopes

Archived