Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Greetings...

ChrisR36

Hello everybody,

My name is Chris, and I reside in Exmouth in Devon. My initial reason for joining this community was an act of desperation, which I will post in the relevant section later, but I also hope that I am worthy enough to be able to participate and keep up with all of you very knowledgeable astronomers out there.

I've been into astronomy ever since I was 12, I'm 46 now. I don't know if any of you remember those old "I-Spy" books in the '70s? Aimed at children, there were a variety of different subjects, and you had to go through and fill in the questions. While filling in my I-Spy Astronomy one evening, I saw a flaming fireball cross the sky from my bedroom window, and from that moment on I was hooked.

I've had a variety of cheap and nasty scopes over the years. I started with the old 2.5 inch refractor which could be found in any toy shop. I currently own a 10 inch Dobsonian which was built for me by a private dealer.

I would call myself a casual astronomer. I tend to go through phases where I'll be really into it, and then I'll go a few years where I'll lose interest .... but I always come back!

I hope to learn much from this forum, and I'm looking forward to being a part of it.

Chris

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived