SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Samsung SCB-2000 tips please

steelfixer

Hi all

I have just purchased a Samsung SBC - 2000 and was enquiring if any body has any settings they use.

I read a thread on here a little while ago about modding these cameras an in the thread it said to remove the blue lens cover.

Is this nessacery and what does it do to improve the camera.

Thank you in advanced.

Graham

its not totally nessary to remove the filter (hopefully peter be along soon as he did it to his) it allows you to video the IR part of the spectrum (like a DSLR mod) so u can see more detail of the objects your viewing

have a pop over to the video sub forum in the communities section :)

i havent had much use with mine yet unfortunatly (took me long enough to change the language to english as i had mine form korea:P)

Here is a Youtube video of samsung camera settings - I think the onscreen menus are very similar across samsung models. The same guy has also posted videos of how to remove the filter on two different models.

PS I'm not sure that the Day / Night setting in the video ('Auto') is correct for the SCB-2000. This could be down to differences between the two featured cameras and the SCB-2000.

The SCB-2000 has electrical day / night while the other two are true day / night. When the setting is 'Auto': I think that true day / night works by mechanically moving the filter out of the way when low light is detected (usually once the sun has set) while with electrical day / night the filter is always in place but camera settings are changed - including moving to B&W mode (with a 'Night' setting the mode will also be B&W).

If you always want to be in colour mode then I think the setting should be 'Day' - with the filter permanently removed as you will typically be using the camera in the dark.

I could be wrong and it may be that for true day / night cameras the 'Auto' setting will also shift to B&W mode in low light and the user in the video is happy to do astrovideo in that mode - he is a very highly respected video astronomer on the Cloudy Nights forum (Dragon Man).

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be along shortly to correct any errors in the above.

I have posted a couple of mod guides for the SCB-2000 in the Video Astronomy social group...IR filter Removal and Remote Keypad.

IR pass is useful for lunar and also for Wildlife with IR Illumination...

The remote keypad one is a bit more challenging on the SCB-2000 but a doddle on the SCB-4000

Peter...

• 8 months later...

Archived