Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EP's for c9.25 - assistance requested

ScubaMike

Hi Folks,

Looking for some advice on Eyepieces.

My current line up is as follows:-

40mm Plossl = unlabelled, but gives great "full" lunar images

32mm Plossl - Labelled Antares F.M.C - use is same as 40mm but also using for "M" objects

25mm - "super 25" - standard with Skywatcher scopes

25mm - Celestron E-Lux - standard with C9.25

15mm - Celestron Omni

10mm - "Super 10" - standard with Skywatcher scopes

Bear in mind that the scope is a slow f10 (may be used with f6.3 focal reducer, but even then still not "fast" so should be pretty forgiving on EP's.

I'm thinking of getting the Hyperion 8-24 MK III Click-stop and a decent barlow (Meade 5000 TelExtender 2x) which would pretty much make all but the 32mm & 40mm defunct (am I right in assuming this?)

Does the Click-stop barlow well?

Will I have a noticable difference in the "EP Experience" with the Zoom over the existing EP's I have?

I have no idea as to the FOV of my existing EP's so it is difficult to use online tools for an idea of the difference I will see. Will also be looking to get the 3x Meade barlow in short order (to help with imaging)

Am I making the right decision? will I later decide I should have gone down a different path?

I use TV 8-24 zoom eyepieces usually in binoviewers with mine and the views are great, so the baader zoom should work well. I also like using a Moonlite 30mm 80deg 2" eyepiece for those fantastic wide views and even more so used with the focal reducer.

Dave

Thanks Chris/Dave,

Always useful to get first hand opinions.

Think I will progress this.

Unfortunately (much as I would like to), I cannot afford to go down the premium individual EP's yet, but getting a decent zoom should tide me over until funds permit.

Archived