Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I feel like such a newbie...

Connor

I've been looking around these forums for a while now as a guest and I have finally decided to join this awesome site. I'm thirteen so I don't even have a telescope yet (maybe for my birthday in September...) but I have been into astronomy for years, browsing the internet for info, from asteroids to black holes, but I started my telescope ambition in May when I was on holiday, reading Sky At Night magazine, and I hope to join the ranks among the best of you one day.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Connor and welcome to SGL :)

If you have any questions you'd like to ask then just pop up a thread in the Beginners Help section and someone will be along with an answer soon. Hope you get a scope soon and enjoy the forum :(

Hi Connor.

Welcome to SGL.

If you can get hold of pair of binoculars they are a really good way of learning the sky. try and learn to find the likes of Andromeda and M81 & M82 can be seen in bins as well

Try and learn a few of the constellations as they come up out of the east that will help you all winter. m45 is rising and that is a good starting point.

Keep doing that and this time next year you will have a fair understanding of what is up there.

Keep my fingers crossed for the scope for you.

What ever you do Have fun and enjoy it

i there Connor and welcome to SGL i hope you get the scope you wanted one day soon,in the meantime try to get hold of a pair of 10x50 binocular's ,thats what most of us started with and still use as well as scopes..............good luck and .....clear skies

Archived