Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First imaging attempt

alex_b

Thanks for the nice words folks!

I didn't use any filters - maybe I should try and see if improves the contrast a bit.

I only had a half an hour window to do any imaging before the cloud obscured everything, so no time to experiement.

The problem with my view to the east is a housing estate on a hill that radiates so much heat it makes the atmosphere boil throughout the entire night.

I'll have a few more attemtps here at home but then I'll take the scope out into the hills and find some nice still(ish) air.

hi there alex nice first attempt i to use a 12 reflector on a dob base,once you have captured your jupiter try use in castrator

Webcam Astrophotography by Emil Kraaikamp - Castrator

what it does is keeps the planet in the centre of the screen so all if not most,of you pics will be stacked,

as some times registax may stack only half due to the movement

have a look at the software and run your avi through it ,then use registax you pics will be better

but still its a nice couple a pics you got

Archived