SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Apollo 18

redfox1971

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have watched the official trailer and it looked like a cross between the "Blair Witch Project" meets "Das Boot" :(:D It seems like a film that is big on heavy breathing and short on special effects (...I know of some other films like that but we won't go there :):eek:)- I don't think I shall be going to see it but others might find the concept intriguing.

James

The conspracy is that that NASA crew of apollo 15 done a fly over of the dark side of the moon and took pictures of what looked like a "spaceship" crashed on the moons serface,......"Officially, Apollo 17, launched December 17th, 1972 was the last manned mission to the moon. But a year later, in December of 1973, two American astronauts were sent on a secret mission to the moon funded by the US Department of Defense.

.An Alien Spaceship on the Moon: Interview With William Rutledge, member of the Apollo 20 Crew - by Luca Scantamburlo, May 2007

true? who knows but i guess the films worth a watch.

Oh come on.... those youtube video looks like it was made using a webcam through a polar scope :) - compare them with any other footage of the Command capsule orbiting the moon and you'll get a feel for the speed at which the craft is traveling which is nothing like that in the you tube video.

Are there any well documented and whitnessed accounts of a ST5 rocket launch after Apollo 17 ? - I think not, and as NASA had no other means of getting men to the moon at the time (or since) then that puts a dent into the conspiracy theory's

Are there any well documented and whitnessed accounts of a ST5 rocket launch after Apollo 17 ? - I think not, and as NASA had no other means of getting men to the moon at the time (or since) then that puts a dent into the conspiracy theory's

just what i was thinking. you don't launch a saturn five in secret. it'd be like crashing a transit van into your neighbour's greenhouse in secret.

anyway, i love scifi films, but i hate any conspiracy rubbish. i'm reserving judgment for now, but i'm not expecting much.

you folks have all seen "moon" right. that's really good.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more on the telly about it, first I've heard of it TBH, thought 'Ancient Aliens' on the History channel would of had something on about it, you know what them conspiracy theorist lot are like, the craft looks like a Egyptian sarcophagus or some Mayan/Astech patterns/design on it. also the quality of the film looks to good (Digitised) compared to analogy film they used back in the 70's. It looks well faked to me.

I am sure the conspiracy is all about the dinosaurs that escaped extinction by tunnelling under the wire, and when they ere rescued they parachuted onto the far side of the moon as an underground resistance as part of Buck Roger's defense force.

he he he

I am sure the conspiracy is all about the dinosaurs that escaped extinction by tunnelling under the wire, and when they ere rescued they parachuted onto the far side of the moon as an underground resistance as part of Buck Roger's defense force.

he he he

Makes perfect sense.

It would be possible for a rocket launch to take place in secret in some very remote location especially back in 1970's when not everyone had cameras, news was not rolling 24/7 and generally things were easier to cover up. Its not probable but that doesnt mean it couldnt have happened..

Cant belive i've never seen the film moon,has it ever been on tv,preview looks good,thats one for download for one of those many wet cloudy nights,thanks for info 4lefts.

The Moon is an excellent film, I can thoroughly recommend watching. :)

It would be possible for a rocket launch to take place in secret in some very remote location especially back in 1970's when not everyone had cameras, news was not rolling 24/7 and generally things were easier to cover up. Its not probable but that doesnt mean it couldnt have happened..

Considering the fact that you could see a Shuttle launch from practically all of Florida i really don't thing that's a possibility.

Just how do you get a Saturn V there in secret, It requires quite a large vehicle ( in fact one of the largest on the Planet) to move it, or do you assemble it there in a secret Vehicle Assembly Building ( which in itself is absolutely enormous) that you just knock up for that one occassion??:)

The logistics are simply not realistic.

Regards Steve

Just how do you get a Saturn V there in secret, It requires quite a large vehicle ( in fact one of the largest on the Planet) to move it, or do you assemble it there in a secret Vehicle Assembly Building ( which in itself is absolutely enormous) that you just knock up for that one occassion??:)

Regards Steve

Miniturisze it 1st.

If i have learnt anything from hollywood, its possible, after all bruce willis landed on an asteroid:hello2::(:eek:

Regards Steve

Like I said, its not probable but that does not mean it could not have happened.

Regards Steve

Thunderbirds managed it with Tracey Island ! :(

The Moon is an excellent film, I can thoroughly recommend watching. :)

I will second that, loved that film!

Regarding Apollo 18, havent got alot of time for conspiracies, they usually collapse under even small amounts of scrutiny/common sense.

However its only a film and conspiracies can be good material for the big screen, look forward to this one!

Obviously it's all nonsense and I hope it doesn't have the effect of fuelling conspiracy theories, but having seen the trailer I do quite like the look of the film, so plan to go see it. Remember it's only fiction!

Archived