Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nebulosity 2 scripting

Anyone any good at writing scripts for Nebulosity?

I'd like to take images and rotate the filter wheel automatically. Preferably take one each of RGB and repeat 10 times rather than 10R,10G,10B. The resource I've seen so far is a little vague.

I thought about using Neby too but since the scripting language doesn't have even the most basic concept of looping you'd have to write the entire capture sequence by hand. However there is a mode where Nebulosity "listens" to the clipboard for any commands prefixed with "/NEB". I wonder could a program written in another language drive it better. I'm going to have a go later and will let you know.

Mark

I've now tried this and I have to say it's ugly. Nebulosity responds to clipboard commands but frequently crashes. It's a shame but fundamentally Nebulosity 2 needs a good scripting language.

The interface I've build works of a web page, using JavaScript to shove commands on to the clipboard if anyone wants to give it a try.

Mark

Archived