Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
CELESCOPE

M51 GALAXY C11

Well tried Saturn , i give up lol 4000 frames and still carb , I CANT DO PLANETS

So thought i would try the C11 on M51, now this is at f6.3, darn big , and with no guiding it was anight mare , cant wait to get the dome and guiding , but well impressed with this , as its only 25 subs at 35 secs, this was only a test to see what things are going to shape up , and with this result , what the heck will come out when guiding, the image size is huge ,so looking foward to serious galaxy imaging next year , and this year if they are handy

Processed this in Maxim

Rog

image.jpg

That is exquisite Rog. I would not concern yourself over planetary shots, I for one am quite happy to devour all your deep sky stuff.

Splendid M51. If you provide results like this, like it was just an afterthought, what on earth are we going to get when you start to mean it.

Ron. :D

No colour yet CC a darn nightmare getting that , just playing at the moment , the serious stuff comes soon when guiding and a fixed pier.

just surprised at the detail with this scope for such short subs,

Rog :D

how do you lot see all this stuff and what telescopes are you using! My girlfriends a bit annoyed lol! We were told we would be able to see more with our scope than what we actually have! We have an SLT 114 celestron

Fair play though guys! Absolutely stunning pictures!

Keep em coming

Darren

how do you lot see all this stuff

Darren

You have to spend scary amounts of money on big 'scopes and fancy cameras then just wait for a clear night and it does it all itself. Right Rog? :D

Captain Chaos

wiggles A***** well sort of ya know , its really easy eh CC , lol but seriously , a darn good go to saves time , then all you need is a camera , maybe modded web cam , or ccd imager , , then a lot of patience and practice, but most of all , processing skills , which we are all still learning and that can take years ,

Rog

saying that i did get to see m81 and m82! m42 the pleiades, venus and saturn all last night! Quite chuffed with it really! Just want everything straight away me lol

Darren

well done Rog. Some really fine detail in the dust lanes. Was that binned? If your Saturn wasn't great there would be no point in not binning. Hard work longer F/L eh!

Rog

Thats a great M51 pic.

If your're having trouble with planets get yourself an Baadewr IR filter (£30 at FLO) this seems to work fantastic on planets or at least that what it says on the info :D :D

i have that filter have them all , but i havew not been using one for the last lot of images, so maybe go back using them again

Cheers

Rog

Nice one Rog, you certainly don't look like you're out of practise. Cant wait to see the results from the dome.