SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Apologies - clouds guaranteed

Richp

After months of negotiations with my ordering department, I finally took delivery of my new school telescope today!!! After much advice and communication with FLO, I finally confirmed the order of my (I mean the schools) Skywatcher Skyliner 350P FlexTube GOTO today, less than 24 hours later!

After a little encouragement to some colleagues, the enormous boxes were lugged up to my teaching room, where the mammoth task of assembling the beast commenced. The only point not covered in the instructions was fitting the mirror (the bit I'd most have liked instructions for), but after a quick call to FLO for some reassurance, the mirror was in and collimated in no time.

Now all I need is some clear sky (and the 20h initial charge of the powertank) before I'll (and be that I obviously mean my students) should be treated to views I've never experienced on my Skywatcher 130P.

Anyway, the point of all this is that I wanted to share my massive appreciation of Martin, Steve and everyone at First Light Optics for all the help, time and advice they have given me in not only ordering this scope, but all the additional filters, binoculars and eyepieces I also specified. Without doubt they were also the cheapest option for my order, and ordering through the County Council, I really had to shop around!!!

Thanks again guys - I look forward to sharing my First Light!

Rich

Archived