Narrowband

Star Diagonal

Chubster

Hi need to get one of these for my new scope (C8 from Rob :lol:), Rob mentioned the Antares one and I assume he means this one

http://www.scopesnskies.com/prod/antares/mirror/diagonal/sct.html.

Now being the sort of person I am I need choice. Can anyone recommend any others, at a similar price....I dont really know anything about them but assume they need to be of a good quality as they are in front of the eyepiece ?

Cheers

Chub

Ps Did I mention im getting a C8... :D :D :D

Hi Chubster,

I've got one of those but mine is the push fit type to fit a refractor - pretty good quality for what you pay. Have a look in their bargains section as they often have one of these at around a £10 saving - plus the 10% SGL discount as well :D.

If you want a premium quality diagonal you could have a look at the dielectric diagonals which seem to start around £70 new. 2nd hand they can be had very reasonably - £40-£50 and they are very nicely made. TBH I don't see a huge difference visually though (maybe that's just my eyes !).

The ones on the top of this web page are good quality (same as William Optics):

http://www.astronomica.co.uk/Mirrordiagonals.php

You might want to think about going for a push fit diagonal with an SCT-2 inch push fit adaptor. That would be a more flexible if you want to use your 2inch diagonal in a non-SCT one day and only a little more expensive at the outset.

John

I think Rob is giving you a 2" visual back so you could go for a 2" push fit diagonal. Scopes'n'skies have one in their bargain basement section for £28. Minus the 10% and thats £25.20 delivered. Which for a 2" diagonal is very good and gives you more options (Moonfish 30mm UWA) later on :D

BTW did I say that used to be my C8.....great scope, you'll have fun! :sunny:

Russ

Good find there Russ. Yep the 2" diagonal (you can use the 1.25 adapter that comes with the 2" visual back for your 1.25 EP's) will be just the job @ £25!!. BTW I had my last hour out with the scope tonight to view Saturn... boy its a great planet scope, I will miss her!!!.... however I feel its going to a good home.

Rob :D

Archived