Some binoculars please

Even though I have been thinking about a pair of binoculars, to go with my intended telescope purchase, this is also an attempt to hit the 50 posts mark so that I can look at the For Sale section.

No point hiding that fact. :-)

Any how, the request for some binoculars is genuine. I already have a pair of 10*40 for spotting birds and stuff and I have a decent manfroto tripod, that can safely take up to 6kg, on which to attach my intended selection of binoculars.

With all this in mind, I'd appreciate a recommendation for some binoculars.

Cheers

The ones you have sound OK. For a bigger, but budget, bin the variously branded 15x70s are very good. (Revelation, Celelstron, around sixty quid last time I looked.) At that price quality control is a bit variable but they are usually good.

I like mine and have had them for many years.

Olly

Stick with the 10's.

They are stable when hand held so the object doesn't bounce round.

If you went for 15x70 I think you would need a tripod a fair bit of the time.

So save the money towards the scope, that way you will have it sooner.

Not very good at getting your post count up, I cannot see a reply to any of the reply's to you original. Could have added at least 2.

Not very good at getting your post count up, I cannot see a reply to any of the reply's to you original. Could have added at least 2.

Don't exactly want to get a reputation as a poster just for the sake of it. :rolleyes:

I save that accolade for my normal climbers forum. However I do have a very sturdy photography tripod which will do very well with a suitable pair of binos.

Cheers

A sturdy tripod is the way to go. Mine is a cheap Velbon and is shakey as... Sometimes you get a tripod adapter with some new bins but you can buy some better quality metal ones from Flo and others...

I've just got a pair of 10x50's and they are really awsome - I agree that anything over 10 and it hurts without a tripod! I guess as you have a tripod you can go for what ever you want though really. (not that helpful though really! sorry)

Archived