Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Comet C/2009-P1 Garradd ?

• 3 weeks later...

Here is M15 on the night of Aug 21 at about 10pm GMT from 51° Latitude and 0° Longitude. I tried to adjust the light pollution levels to show/hide the stars in your photograph - I think this is good enough to confirm the identity. The star immediately above left of the object is HIP 106157

post-23941-133877659192_thumb.jpg

Well, your image has been verified as M15: if you were aiming at the comet on 21 August you were way off target, I'm afraid: you should have been looking somewhere between Delphinus and Sagitta at that time. Now it's on the edge of Hercules, to the lower-right of the Summer Triangle, if you want to have another go.

if you were aiming at the comet on 21 August you were way off target, I'm afraid:
I wasn't going to say anything but... :) M15 was quite some way from Comet Garrard that night.

I left a series of locating pics in a thread <here>

The comet has moved on a little bit now from those pics but not too far so if you get a clear sky give it another go. I'd love to see a photo if you do get it in your sights...

I wasn't going to say anything but... :) M15 was quite some way from Comet Garrard that night.

I left a series of locating pics in a thread <here>

The comet has moved on a little bit now from those pics but not too far so if you get a clear sky give it another go. I'd love to see a photo if you do get it in your sights...

nice pics i am sure they will be a great help :)

Archived