Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Best views so far

pjmaciw

I finally got some views that blew me away, even teenage daughter said WOW. I have been trying out my newQuattro 10 inch. Goto worked fine and found several objects but all showed as grey blob. I then thought to change the 32mm ep for 7mm and the grey smudge was transformed into a detailed image of stunning beauty. Looked at great cluster in hercules and several other objects. Next step is to attach camers......can't wait.

Pete.

My avatar is M13, the great cluster in Hercules. It was taken with a 500mm F:4 Nikon lens and D-80 Camera. The view through an 8inch F:10 with a 12mm Nagler is absolutely BREATHTAKING ! You can see pinpoint stars all the way from the edge of the FOV, down to the very core of the cluster. Probably the only better glob to be found is Omega Centuri. It is a darn shame that we in the northern hemisphere cannot see it.

You might be able to see some of the globs down low in Sagittarius and Scorpius, but both of those constellations are heading to the SW horizon quickly!

Good luck to you. Hope your sky conditions are better than ours here on the U.S. East Coast have been this Summer!

Jim S.

Archived