Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Just got these, are they any good?

JB80

This was more of a street market in all the sidestreets, most of the sellers lived in the house they were infront of. It was kind of like a big street garage sale. I'm not really fussed as I went with no expectations. I had a look at other bins and some had moisture inside and others loads of scratches.

I'm still waiting on a clear night, if I can find Garrardd with them it's 20euros well spent in my book.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a set of Vivitar 7 X 50s here that are TERRIBLE binoculars! I can't belive they actually carry the Vivitar brand-name. They have that bright yellow coating on them, too, and when you look through them, everything has a BLUE-ISH color cast ! Furthermore, I can never seem to get them aligned to my eyes, and I have a lot of trouble seeing a fully illuminated field with both eyes. That problem seems to be unique to this set of binocs, since I have several other sets that don't exhibit this characteristic !

I'm glad I didn't pay any money for them, and that they were given to me. Otherwise, I would have reason to regret the purchase. Otherwise, they are good for public star parties, because I will not be sad if they get broken or stolen!

Jim S.

I use a cheap monopod support for the bino's....... a long handled wooden brush!

You can sit in a chair, press the bino's into the end of the handle and swivel and tilt to your heart's content with good vibrationless motion.

For my penny worth.I would suggest that you wrap up well and sit in a garden recliner chair and just enjoy the view.Views of the sky I'm talking about ,not the windows of the house opposite.Binoculars always show breath taking quantities of stars.

Martin

Archived