Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Kelling Heath Chat Thread (Autumn 2011)

brantuk

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Celeste I see your post last night but you have gone off line I was going to put you up in Norwich over night.

Aww bless ya.....I was on my phone and it lost data connection, both mine and the daughters phones :glasses2: I'd just had enough, my knee was killing me from all the stop/crawl/stop etc....people were getting out the cars and wandering around, a few even stood at the road side weeing (gross) The kids had had enough so had I....we stopped in Eye for a few mins to have a rest and post on here then we went back.

There's green emanating from Texas, too! I would love to attend such an auspicious gathering of astronomers.

So, what's up with the traffic Celeste encountered? Were there so many headed to Kelling - kits, kats, sacks, wives (7 of each) comes to mind? Or are UK roads usually so congested at weekends?

Lol even a satnav wouldn't have gotten me far, ALL the back roads were clogged up with traffic, for miles back and in front. It was just awful I was nearly in tears as I was watching the sun go down and here was me hoping to arrive at Kelling by 6.30-7pm set up for 8-8.30....but no I was stuck in that line and at 7.30 had had enough, sun was gone, it got dark I couldn't arrive at Kelling in the dark and drive to my pitch.....then be yelled at for having headlights on :glasses2: *sucks* I'm gonna give up trying to get to a starparty, it just isn't gonna work.

That's because Southerners cant drive ;) or your over crowded... :p

M6 from Preston Northwards up to Scotland is a breeze... I class Stoke and Southwards of it the South.. :eek:

That said the Galloway star party will have me eating my words next weekend :eek::D

Lol even a satnav wouldn't have gotten me far, ALL the back roads were clogged up with traffic, for miles back and in front. It was just awful I was nearly in tears as I was watching the sun go down and here was me hoping to arrive at Kelling by 6.30-7pm set up for 8-8.30....but no I was stuck in that line and at 7.30 had had enough, sun was gone, it got dark I couldn't arrive at Kelling in the dark and drive to my pitch.....then be yelled at for having headlights on ;) *sucks* I'm gonna give up trying to get to a starparty, it just isn't gonna work.

Several cars did drive on after dark ..... a few cursed words were used :p

Just a quick message to say thanks to everyone for being so friendly as always, carole, Kim and Phil especially.... I headed back Sunday afternoon as the evening was looking to have a clear spell, but also high winds. The forecast for the coming week is stunning so wanted to save up my brownie points at home to go out and do some imaging later in the week.

The weekend was good, some nice clear spells here and there, seems it was consistently clear between about 2:00am and dawn every night.... that's when I grabbed my pic of Andromeda, the only one I managed all weekend.

We were lucky, it stayed nice and dry and unseasonally warm all weekend, despite the intermittent cloud.

Cheers all, see you all again next spring!

Ben

Glad to have met you Ben... as you said, was a great friendly atmos all round. Weather during the day was a bonus (I have a tan!) - shame the earlier parts of the night weren't better.

Looking fwd to your M31.

Now I need to catch up on my sleep!

Phil

Glad to have met you Ben... as you said, was a great friendly atmos all round. Weather during the day was a bonus (I have a tan!) - shame the earlier parts of the night weren't better.

Looking fwd to your M31.

Now I need to catch up on my sleep!

Phil

Don't look forward to it too much :-)

The ghastly result of the 45mins of subs I got is up on the 'Kelling images' thread in here, gonna put another hour or more of data in to it before I put it up on the Deep Sky Imaging forum.

I'm looking forward to seeing that M33 you got, FAR more promising than my rubbish!!! :-)

Ben

edit: actually... is that it as your avatar?

Don't look forward to it too much :-)

edit: actually... is that it as your avatar?

'fraid not - that was from about 3 yrs ago ... I stuck to B&W this time as it became apparent that there wouldn't be enough time for all the colour channels.

Phil

Archived