Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Kelling Heath Chat Thread (Autumn 2011)

brantuk

I usually take my microwave (850W) when I go camping, along with a kettle, toaster, fridge, fan heater, tea urn, DS's, phones, laptop, lights.....shall I go on? HAHA :glasses2: I have to turn the heater down (FROM 2000W TO 1000W) to use the kettle when I take it....but now I have an urn I don't need my kettle....call me a glamper if you like but I like my home comforts :rolleyes:

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Folks,

Currently in the bar having a quick pint before getting back outside under the clearing skies. Had a great night last night, Milky Way looked fabulous.

Cloudy by 12. No imaging, but the Dobbo was put to good use. After a 4 hour kip was out again at 4:30 this morning until the sky got too light.

Big Jupe looked fantastic.

A fabulous start to the long weekend.

Dave

Just packing now... then off early afternoon to get there and set up well before dark. Weather forecast isn't looking great, maybe a short spell of clear weather tonight looks like it might be it for me until Monday night when it clears again. Then again, the predictions were pretty dire last time I went up and we got two pretty clear nights.

Fingers crossed.

I'm hoping there are vendors open and trading this afternoon as I just realised when i collected it yesterday that I need a way to mount the dovetail of my new RC6 onto my corss bar which only has two 1/4" Whitworth holes in it... some kind of dovetail clamp that just screws on would be ideal.

Anyway... see you all this evening!

Ben

Blimey sorry guys we turned back....after 4hrs of driving, we had only just made it from Leics to just past Peterborough....the traffic was at a standstill almost all the time with the odd crawl forward every 20 or so mins. It was mental! Got to a roundabout where a place called Eye is, the A47 I know was closed (straight over the roundabout) I don't have a satnav, a diversion was in place for some road I didn't know.....made me give up the traffic was queueing for miles ahead that I could see....it was already dark so we turned round. We set off at 3.30pm....turned around at 7.30pm back home for 9pm....so 4hrs to get there (only 55 miles) 1.5hrs to get back.....The kids were getting really aggitated I got a massive headache not feeling well (got a cold) 5.5hrs in a cramped car with 3 whinging kids is enough for anyone! haha....We made it to Cornwall in 5.5hrs...yet only managed to crawl to Peterborough...pfft

Edit: Just had a look why the road was closed, apparently a lorry caught fire at around 2.15pm....they shut the road, aiming to reopen at 7.30pm....it was still shut then as we were there then! Arghhhhh if it's not one thing that gets in the way it's something else :glasses2:....can't be helped and I hope the driver is ok.

Archived