Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Kelling Heath Chat Thread (Autumn 2011)

brantuk

It's a balmy 32 degrees with not a cloud in the sky ....

and that's the line we are sticking to! :)

Depending on whose scale you are using, that might not be so "balmy" :)

It's actually 91 degrees Fahrenheit (33 C) on my patio at the moment, which does feel quite pleasant after 87 days above 100 degrees F this summer.

If anyone knows rain dancing and can direct the results geographically, we would very much appreciate your doing a couple of days dancing for us. We've had 15" of rain since last October which is less than half our average. Lakes need about 10' of topping up and our acquifers need even more.

(Feels strange pleading for cloudy skies and rain.)

Of course the more rain you send our way, the clearer the skies will be in the UK as well. :)

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Depending on whose scale you are using, that might not be so "balmy" :)

It's actually 91 degrees Fahrenheit (33 C) on my patio at the moment, which does feel quite pleasant after 87 days above 100 degrees F this summer.

If anyone knows rain dancing and can direct the results geographically, we would very much appreciate your doing a couple of days dancing for us. We've had 15" of rain since last October which is less than half our average. Lakes need about 10' of topping up and our acquifers need even more.

(Feels strange pleading for cloudy skies and rain.)

Of course the more rain you send our way, the clearer the skies will be in the UK as well. :)

We are lucky to get 10 days a year of really hot weather :)

Kit is all packed and in the hall...sandwiches made for the journey....I reckon it'll take me around 6 1/2 hours in the old VW camper....dog will be miserable as sin by the time we arrive.

I'm hoping to be there by about 3pm, and could do with a hand for 5 minutes with the tent if anyone's around as Mrs H isn't arriving until the following day (the camper is fine for one, but not two of us and the hound!). I'm on pitch 277 in the blue field

If it's a clear night, it'll be first light for my portable imaging rig.....fingers crossed :)

Safe journeys all :)

Rob

I've got packed up early and was seriously planning on coming to Kelling today instead of tomorrow in the light of the weather forecast.

Rang Kelling to make sure my pitch was available today (as I can't move my big tent especially in the light of the fact I will need help anyway), and my pitch is booked tonight!!!

Bummer. Any-one there today who could put me up for one night?

Carole

Strange request, possibly.

I'm not staying at Kelling, but live fairly nearby and plan to call in and say hello sometime during the daytime, probably on Friday or Sunday. Just wondered if anyone with an NEQ6 would allow me to listen to theirs on full slew. I know that the noise these things generate is a frequent issue, but it's just that mine seems to be getting worse and I need to remind myself what other ones sound like. I don't really object to the noise (like a load of bolts being rattled in a tin can!), as it only occurs while slewing, but if there's something wrong I'd like to fix it before anything serious happens!

Cheers,

Carole.... probably doesn't help but you're more than welcome to use my pitch (red 306) and set up on there, then maybe we can just swap pitch numbers as you're only in the next row anyway aren't you?

If all else fails it's there if you need it... or I can help you move on Friday.

Assuming it's empty now till then anyway :-)

Ben

Thanks for the offer Ben, according to Kelling there was only one pitch available for tonight, it was in the 380 - 389 row, I don't have the info to hand. Just cannot contemplate pitching and then having to move, especially with my back problems.

Never mind, unless some-one comes up with a bit of sleeping space and a share of their hook up in the next hour or two it will be too late to come by the time I have driven up there. I guess most of the people already there are not on-line.

Carole

I have a bizarre question....

I'm trying to plan my food for the weekend... I was wondering, seeing as there's mains power... would one of the pitch hook-ups cope with a cheap microwave or small electric ring being plugged in to it?

I assume, as they can be used to power a caravan, which may well have an oven in it, this should be ok... but wondered if anyone had done this at Kelling before?

Cheers

Ben

Archived