Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Kelling Heath Chat Thread (Autumn 2011)

brantuk

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear, I seemed to have pulled the ligaments in my lower back one week before Kelling !!!! (A recurring old problem from my Nursing days which only happens once in a while). Very annoying and painful. Would any of the people who will be there on Thursday be willing to give me a hand putting up my tent and lifting my NEQ6. It would be great if more than one person could respond in case of availability at the vital moment/spread the load.

I would be terribly grateful and not likely to arrive until mid-afternoon.

Please state your pitch number and or send me a PM.

Many thanks

Carole

Oh dear, I seemed to have pulled the ligaments in my lower back one week before Kelling !!!! (A recurring old problem from my Nursing days which only happens once in a while). Very annoying and painful. Would any of the people who will be there on Thursday be willing to give me a hand putting up my tent and lifting my NEQ6. It would be great if more than one person could respond in case of availability at the vital moment/spread the load.

Many thanks

Carole

oh no Carole!!

I won't be there till Friday but will be happy to help with taking it all down again.

I'm sure there will be lots if people happy to help Thurs.

Ben

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Many thanks

Carole

Hi

I will be on T234

will pm you my phone number

Ring me if needed or hunt me out :(

Give me a shout Carole - I'll be on 304 a couple doors down from where we were last Spring. We'll be there all week from tomorrow onwards :(

(There ya go - that's two big strong chaps you have - plus me - I'll bang the pegs in hehehe)

Hi Carol

I should be on T223 from Wednesday, so give me a shout (I'll pm my moby number) when you need a hand.

I notice you are from Kent when you go to Kelling do you use the M11 or A12 cant make up mind which is best way to go :(

colin

Thanks Colin,

I usually follow Sat Nav, which normally goes M25, M11, then A11, then through Brandon A1065, Swaffham, Fakenham, Holt. Many thanks for offering to help. I am hoping I will be a bit more mobile by then (fingers crossed), but don't want to take any unecessary risks even if I am getting better as I know from past experience I have to be careful for a good week after these episodes occur otherwise it "goes" again.

Unfortunately the last time I went to Kelling there were road works on the M25 and I think they might be on-going (widening the motorway), so this held me up quite a bit, but as it was windy and I had a load on the roof rack, I didn't mind too much.

Carole

It will get dark around 6:30 and by 7pm you'll not be able to drive onto the field and set up using lights. You'll need to park in the car park overnight and set up in the morning.

I would have thought it would have been ok if it was 100% cloud cover when they arrive Kim....ONLY if it is 100% cloud cover..any chance of a bit of viewing or imaging...then Kim is right.

We're very excited now - just in the middle of loading the caravan up - then tomorrow morning we'll stuff all the astro gear in the boot, hook up the van, and head for Kelling. Looking forward to seeing you all there and thanks to everyone for contributing to this thread.

Wooohooooo :(

Yes - I should have qualified that statement - if it's chucking it down with rain or clouded over then pitching in the dark would be ok.

You'd only need to kip in the car till dawn if the weather is clear overnight :(

I think I've solved this problem by swapping pitches with Ben from Yellow 163 close to car park so I don't need to bring the car in. We'll pitch using red headlights etc...

Many thanks

Carole

Hiya Carole, Oh dear, thats sods law for you. We will be on 391 from Tuesday, not much use for lifting and ptching tents BUT a nice hot cuppa will be ready for you.

Bob and Trish.

Ah good, glad you will be there before us Bob, was wondering what we would do for a cuppa when we arrived :(

Forecast looking good (at the moment) for wednesday night.

See you wednesday around midday hopefully

Look forward to seeing you on Tuesday Bob :(

Our time has come. I'm having a quick sandwich and a cuppa. The car and caravan are both loaded. And all that remains is to hook up and head out. So I'll be logging off and going shortly. Safe journeys all and see you at Kelling over the next few days :)

Would any of the people who will be there on Thursday be willing to give me a hand putting up my tent and lifting my NEQ6. It would be great if more than one person could respond in case of availability at the vital moment/spread the load.

Hi Carole,

I think Sarah and I are next door to you on Red 327. We're hoping to get there about mid day on Thursday.

We'd be more than happy to help if you need a hand. I'm quite good at heavy loads and am used to moving our NEQ6 around. I'm less good at tents (mine have always been crooked :(, but willing to help should anyone competent not be around!!)

Really looking forward to Kelling! Safe journey everyone.

Hi all Its very close now I think BrantUK may even be there .. What I was looking for was last year did we not have a list of people and the things they was taking to Kelling to sell? I will try and add it to the for sale if im allowed..if I cannot find it that is..

Andy

Hi guys, we just bought a pitch at Kelling, my son is so excited!! We are in with the EMS lot, so hopefully we will know a few of you. Is there a map of the pitches available? I did a search but didn't find one. Will be there Fri/Sat/Sun....fingers (and toes) crossed it will be amazingly clear. Looking forward to meeting more of you there, we have a ton of questions with collimation (I messed it up) and imaging...

Archived