Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Perish the Thought !

Deneb

Hi

A really evil thought came into my head tonight...

Set up my 115 last night , all systems ready to go, as I was getting ready to image & took a shot of an outfocused star - The clouds roll in. Thinking how annoyed & fed up I was. A little voice pops into my head...

"Hey You" ! Who Me ? "Yeah You"! What you playing at" ?

"Countless Nights your ouside with your kit, only to find out the clouds roll in, then you find yourself that you have to lugg everything back in", " Is it worth you imaging at all".

Perish the thought ! :) am i going Mad or do other images have these voices in their heads ?

Nadeem.

Don't worry, I am mainly visual, with some spectroscopy thrown in and I feel exactly the same on nights like tonight. Especially as I have had a new 250mm reflector for two weeks and haven't had chance to use it. At least tonight I had a chance to look at some stars for 5 minutes and see that it looked pretty good.

At the moment I can only go out two nights a week, at weekends, which makes it very frustrating.

What makes it worth while is the rare occasions when I can stay out most of the night and see so many amazing sights.

i know where your coming from, this hobby is full of frustration, i find my work coincides with clear nights, as a truck driver i have to do some very early starts and you can bet when i have to up at 0300 it will be totally clear the night before

I do wonder is it worth jacking the whole thing in ?

Nadeem.

You could try that..you would fail..

You may manage for a while but it would keep coming back to haunt you in one form or another. Eventually you would have to give in.

Sadly you are stuck with it... There is no way back..

I used to, but I solved that with a shed :)

Yep, i second that, just think how much time you can spend out, even if you only get a couple of hours in.

And as for the voices, it reminds me of a song

Visual or imaging, the same frustration.

I've so far managed 7 minutes on M13, due to cloud etc. since I got all my imaging kit together and about the same time with my big dob.

I used to windsurf and it therefore never blew...

I used to climb ... therefore it always used to rain...

Tiddly winks anyone? I'd probably get RSI knowing my luck!!

Visual or imaging, the same frustration.

I've so far managed 7 minutes on M13, due to cloud etc. since I got all my imaging kit together and about the same time with my big dob.

Sounds like what you need is a lot more scopes :) The more scopes+cameras you have, the more minutes you can get on an object, by using them all at the same time and then stacking the images from the various cameras at a later time.

So with only 1 telescope, the best you can hope for in 30 minutes of clear sky is 30 minutes of imaging data. But if you bought another 5:eek: telescopes and cameras, you could get 3 hours worth of image data. - Just a thought!

Same here with the drag it all out of the garage, set it all up, then bang, did someone order clouds. In the 1 yr I've been at this I've had sinfully few nights under clear skies, it's certainly teaching me patients. I've decided a shed is required before winter sets in, then like others, it will at least remove the frustration of setup and take down.

---

- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived