Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep29_banner.thumb.jpg.da7f3b163f7bd35187cb558b0346baf6.jpg

Teal Rain

Teflon

Anyone know where I can get telfon washers from? - about 3cm diameter. The interweb did'nt really help this time.

I found my old TV upswing head in the cupboard the other day and was thinking about trying it on the BB tripod. I don't really want to wear the rubber washer that's on the tripod out so I thought sourcing a teflon equivalent might be a better long term solution.

Cheers

M

Hey Mark:

Assuming that the local hardware stores don't have what you need and depending on the ID, OD and thickness you could try to make/cut your own.

In a previous life whenever I needed parts like this at work, I often found they were easier to have machined.

You could cut them from a flat sheet or better still if you can get a length of solid rod of the correct OD then life is truly easy :)

ttfn

You might find making washers from old plastic milk bottle will work well. Its an old trick often used in dob bases.

Callum

You can buy teflon (PTFE) sheet in various thicknesses quite cheaply on ebay. if you got two metal washers from a local hardware store you could use them with the teflon sandwiched and cut with a sharp knife to get a good result.