Narrowband

Teflon

Teal Rain

Anyone know where I can get telfon washers from? - about 3cm diameter. The interweb did'nt really help this time.

I found my old TV upswing head in the cupboard the other day and was thinking about trying it on the BB tripod. I don't really want to wear the rubber washer that's on the tripod out so I thought sourcing a teflon equivalent might be a better long term solution.

Cheers

M

Hey Mark:

Assuming that the local hardware stores don't have what you need and depending on the ID, OD and thickness you could try to make/cut your own.

In a previous life whenever I needed parts like this at work, I often found they were easier to have machined.

You could cut them from a flat sheet or better still if you can get a length of solid rod of the correct OD then life is truly easy :)

ttfn

You can buy teflon (PTFE) sheet in various thicknesses quite cheaply on ebay. if you got two metal washers from a local hardware store you could use them with the teflon sandwiched and cut with a sharp knife to get a good result.

Archived