Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

eBay Fees

johninderby

I was thinking of listing a scope that's currently for sale here on SGL so I went through the initial stages of setting-up a listing on eBay to see what it would cost. Shock, horror, with the eBay and PayPal fees the total fees would be £96.00 :D:eek::(

Any wonder that there seems to have been a dramatic drop in the number of listings in the telescope section lately.

Thank goodness for SGL and ABS. :)

John

To right John. Ebay are starting to price themselves out, the fees are just way over the top now. Hence the old trick 99p start with £25 p&p!!.. bypass fesson the small items

E-bay seem to be pricing themselves out of the market.

SWMBO does a lot of her buying and selling of children's clothes thru Facebook now. It seems to be the way to go.

---

- TheThing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only ever buy on EBay these days, selling there is a rip off and EBay give sellers no protection whatsoever.

I only list stuff on there when there are free listing days (allowing opening bids at any price without a fee) and insist on cash on collection or a local meet up.

I was asked to offer a "Buy it Now" on a fairly expensive item and I didn't noticed the fee for the service at the time ........ Never Again :)

To be honest, I'd be happy paying the final value fees - but insisting on offering Paypal as a payment method and then charging for the privilege does stink somewhat.

I believe in some countries, sellers aren't obligated to offer Paypal. I wish that was the case in the UK.

It depends how much you're selling the scope for :D.if its the WO FLT it isn't ridiculously high tbh.You could add the £96 to the reserve figure you have in mind, maybe?

Yes I'd really have no choice but to put the price up by about £100.00 for eBay.

Wonder what eBay would do if I put "Buy it for £100.00 less on SGL or ABS" in the listing? :)

John

Trouble is people will still buy and sell on eBay.

I dont see how people still buying and selling on ebay is a trouble?

There fees are the same as Amazon or Play, give or take a .5%

What they have been doing is combating buisness sellers saying they are private sellers, so they have leveld out the selling fees.

However i dont think they are doing a good job of things at present, but I just adapt to there changes and focus on selling and not wasting time moaning about it.

Archived