Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sparrow

NGC7635 Bubble Nebula

I'm tired of waiting for clear skies to get more data on this so thought I'd process and post what I've got so far.

Just 1 1/2 hours of data made up of a mix of 4,5 and 6 minute subs all at ISO800.

post-14401-133877648117_thumb.jpg

wow, so impressed so im thinking this will be my next target and like you will try and get a few nights worth of data, im using a modded Cannon 450d so im hopeful. Whats the bright star thats above and to the right, i can use that for ensuring im on target

John B

Hi John - thanks for that - yes it's a beautiful target and I will want to add more data to it.

Not sure about the bright star but it might be SAO 20562 which is definately next to the Bubble.

With a modded 450D you should be able to improve on this - I'm using an unmodded 1000D - another couple of hours data will also improve it.

Regards

John

Thats lovely, and Im pleased to hear you were using a unmodded Canon 1000D as thats the camera I have and plan to use on this target myself soon.

What Scope did you use?

Thanks Tommy - It was taken using the Celestron 8" newt so your Skywatcher 8" should give you the same FOV.

Regards

John

That's a very nice image with nice sharp stars showing the focus is pretty good. Plenty of detail in the nebula too! well done.:)

Its a cracker! Nice sharp stars right across the fov. Nice detail and colours, if it were mine I'd be happy.

I am hoping to have a go at this one this year, never tried it before.

Gary

That`s great work. I like it because the one is characterized by sharpness and colour; Bubble Nebula is charming object for astrophotographer.

Nice one. You may not have had long but you got it all right and made the most of it. Unmodded 1000D? I'm well impressed!

Olly

Edited by ollypenrice

Thanks everyone - your comments much appreciated.

It's a relief to be able to image without spending half the night trying to get the guiding working. I'm so glad I sorted my problems out with that.

Regards

John

Thats a cracker for an unmodded cam:icon_eek:

I know that the newer dSLRs let more of the good light through, but even still it's a lovely image!

Ant