Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Latitude adjustment on NEQ6

pjmaciw

The latitude adjustment on my NEQ6 only goes to 50° when the large bolt is fully wound in. I was told this was a Bobs knobs replacemet but appears to be a little short. Does Bobs knobs come in different lengths

Pete.

I thought Bobs Knobs were for collimating the secondary in a newtonian scope. If you have latitude replacement knobs it sounds like you need to check their length against the original bolts to be sure they are long enough.

The supplied ones are made of a soft steel that bends and has been known to break. The replacement ones are usually harder steel but they need to be the correct length to be functional :)

I did look on the Bobs Knobs site and couldn't see my lattitude bolts for NEQ6. Guess they came from elsewhere. I shall measure the bolt tonight and then search for a replacement.

Thanks for reply.

Pete.

Maybe you made the same mistake that I did - one is longer than the other and they need to be in the right holes. I use mine at 59, but there it ends for sure. I modded it but it didn't get much better... Basically, it is a **** design.

Archived