Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

astrokat

power for dew sheild

ive just got a secondary mirror dew sheild heater what is the best way to attach to a power source do i really need a dew controler and what sort of power surply can i use with the smaller the better

thanks

toby

As far as I know, you do need a dew controller. I run my dew strips and my secondary heater off my 12v battery. When i take my laptop in the field, i use my DIY marine battery and hook the dew controller there as well.

No easy way out!

The cheapest option I could find for you is either a single controller (Telescope House £29.99) or a double controller (Rother Valley Optics £44.93). As far as power supply is concerned, ordinary batteries will be a poor choice in really cold weather or for long periods of use and in any case, both of the above come wired with cigarette type connectors which will require a leisure battery or one of those bells and whistle battery packs.

James

Have a look on astroboot, and get yourself one of these

9k=

adjustable output and only £3!!! I have made myself a set of heaters using these and they work a treat.

Get a jumpstarter from ebay and your power woes are over.

Don't surpose there is a link to were I can buy one please that would b ideal thanks bud

What about one of these?

ASTROZAP

Please note the warning made on FLO's site about the heater running at full power - but just thought that I'd mention this as a possible option.

Cheers

Ant