Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

DTS82

Hello from Leicester

Hi everyone,

As everyone in this section, am very new to looking at the stars. Always looked up, but never really understood it properly and really want to learn more.

The GF bought me a telescope for my birthday in July (seems to have been cloudy ever since though, ha ha). But did see the ISS for the first time last night and after following #meteorwatch on twitter all weekend, I saw my first Perseid meteor shower, which was great.

Any guidence gratfully recieved.

Happy gazing guys 'n' gals.

Dennis.

Hi Dennis,

Welcome to the forum.

You'll find a lot of knowledgeable folk here, and a lot of other who are just as enthusiastic as you.

Hi and welcome to the forum, you will find lots of helpfull people here and they are even patient with the noob questions.

Hi, Dennis, and welcome to SGL.

If you managed to see Perseids, you've got off to a good start :)

HI Dennis and welcome to the forum. You didn't say what scope the GF got you? Useful to get hold of a red torch and a decent star atlas to know where stuff is. Could also think about downloading a free planetarium software program called 'Stellarium' - good bit of kit.

Clear skies

James

Hi Dennis and welcome to SGL :)

Any questions you have about your new hobby just pop a thread up in the "Beginners Help" section and someone will be along with answers soon - enjoy the forum :D

Hi Dennis

A very warm welcome to the SGL , It.s cloudy here too

Doug

Essex UK

Welcome to SGL Dennis! I hope the clouds clear and you get to try out your new telescope.:)

Welcome, Dennis! The people on this site are the friendliest you will find anywhere on the www, and here's hoping for some clear skies for you, and soon!