sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Songs for Astronomy (nearly!)

MorningMajor

Someone's already said "Champagne Supernova" by Oasis, but I reckon Noel must be a secret astronomer. He wrote "Rock 'n' Roll Star" and "Up in theSky". There's also "All Around the World" for the people on the Space Station...

Then there's U2's "City of Blinding Lights"...

And last but not least, "Why Does it Always Rain on Me?" by Travis.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superewza viewpost.gif

I know i still don't understand this thread,

It would appear that you are not the only one...
Wasn't trying to confuse you - and not that it is of any importance whatsoever, but what I was trying to do was pick a normal song title and by twisting it slightly make it seem relatively relevant to astronomy for example - my first suggestion was changing "Do you really want to hurt me" by Culture Club into" Dew you really want to hurt me"

Simples (If marginally pathetic!! :))

Edited by MorningMajor

A few lesser known tracks.

Desert Boötes , 3rd Base

My own prism (45 deg. erecting), Creed

I wanna get Higher aperture, Cyprus Hill

Black or white flats, M. Jackson

Hey Messier 19, Steely Dan

:)

It should be noted, that not just these, but all the songs listed in this thread are only available on LP or EP.

Sorry, couldn't help it. :D

^Good call, i've known of British Sea Power for a while but i've not really listened to them - i mean, i like most of their songs i've heard, but what would you recommend listening to to get into them?

/off topic :)

Pretty much anywhere is a good place to start with BSP but I would leave Man of Arran to last since it's not really an album but a soundtrack and dvd of an old film.

Top band, BSP!