SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Possible clear skies for most in the UK tonight

Rob

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
still clear here scope cooling, this will be the first time I have used it

since I got her:D

She works first sighting of the moon through the scope delighted, funny looks from the neighbours expecting a knock on the door later on.:smiley:

The seeing looks very good here. The moon has no "halo" and the stars are barely twinkling. Unfortunately between the moon to the south east and the still-blue sky to the north west, there's not an awful lot to see at the moment. I'm even struggling to make out Cygnus.

The moon is end-on to the house right now. Once it's moved around a little more I'll go out the back and spend a little while looking for any more of the Perseids. Other than that it might be time to go hunting for the M40 double.

James

scopes been out since 21:00,in the last hour (am glad the to water proof sheets a got fot the scopes) ,we have had rain but the clear skies are behind this lot fingers crossed time now 22:34

cloud cover ,55 %

moon .still behind the cloud

temp 13.5 c

9.50pm clear as anything, not a cloud in sight. 10.20 mottled cloud covering the entire sky and thicker stuff on the horizon. Shoot!

Now 23.20 and it's clear again, but I see cloud rapidly approaching on the horizon. I would go out but I'm committed to going to bed now and can't be arsed, oh well.

In the obs at the moment.

Sky clear, moon very bright.

Spent an hour fine tuning the polar alignment using the drift method and PHD.

Now using the Edge 11 as a guidescope and the TMB 80/480 is shooting Ha subs of the Witches Broom....6 minutes until the first sub comes in :smiley:

Rob

Clouds coming in again and an early start tomorrow so going to quit whilst I am ahead... Luna is still tree hugging for me at the moment so I couldn't finish off with so IR pass Videography...

So Goood Night Chaps(and Ladies) - Clear skies and hope the kit all works a treat - I had forgotten to plug the dew bands back into the controller....

I do like this "instant" videography lark... might have to buy a SCB-4000 before too long...

1VJRTgE

Peter...

Archived