Monday night Moon (at last!)

GazOC

Please tell me Gaz, that the delay posting them was really because you have just got back from Lunar orbit.

I think they are absolutely stunning. Did I ask you in a previous post about the Logitech perhaps being a Fusion?

Anyway, I repeat, stunning.

Ron. :D

Thanks All! :D

Yep, Ron its a Fusion. A got it a week or so ago, the chip is bigger than Toucam and it makes it a lot easier to find you r way about the moon and frame the images. With a Toucam I used to find a feature using an eyepiece and then swap the camera to take the image, with the Fusion I can just keep it in all the time and just wander around looking for interesting shots.

Thanks All! :D

Yep, Ron its a Fusion. A got it a week or so ago, the chip is bigger than Toucam and it makes it a lot easier to find you r way about the moon and frame the images. With a Toucam I used to find a feature using an eyepiece and then swap the camera to take the image, with the Fusion I can just keep it in all the time and just wander around looking for interesting shots.

Thanks Gaz, I am delighted about that, I had been beating myself up about buying a Toucam at some stage, but I had to buy my Maxim DSLR software first which made a hole in my little money box. My delight stems from the fact I already own a Fusion webcam, and as my ignorance knows no bounds, imagery using these devices was almost unknown to me till I joined SGL. I am just astonished at what is being accomplished with these devices. Of course I realize that it is who is behind the camera that makes it or breaks it. I only hope I have time to learn all these new skills, before the guy with the sickle comes and glowers at me. :lol::D:lol:

Thanks again, and please keep them coming.

Ron. :D

Its a bit more fiddly than the Toucam (the contrast and brightness are unbelievably touchy) but the big FOV more than makes up for that.

Ron, for the Fusion try Open Capture instead of K3CCD, the camera is unstable (on my lappy) using K3 and you are limited to ~750x650 rather than the full 1280x960.

Its a bit more fiddly than the Toucam (the contrast and brightness are unbelievably touchy) but the big FOV more than makes up for that.

Ron, for the Fusion try Open Capture instead of K3CCD, the camera is unstable (on my lappy) using K3 and you are limited to ~750x650 rather than the full 1280x960.

I will always take advice from you Caz. First I need to buy or make an adapter. Is there a primer on adapting this particular cam. ? I will need to proceed with caution, this camera was not cheap to buy at the time I bought it that is. Plus, I am as green as they come on web cam imaging. So I will need to go to school for a while I reckon.

Ron.

I just opened the cam up, took the lens off, painted over the internal LEDS and stuck on old eyepiece barrel on with superglue. I'll post a piccy tomorrow, its not pretty but it works OK! :D

Mucho thank you Gaz.

Archived