Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ISS Passes The Moon

MorningMajor

May have already been mentioned (apologies if so) But the ISS is due to cross the disk of the moon tomorrow night - round about 9.35pm - (check your stellarium) depending on where you are - great photo op? - you've got about 1.5 seconds to capture it!

Its wierd that my Calsky hasnt mentioned it when I can quite clearly see it on Stellarium.
Possibly because it is 'invisible' i.e. in shadow when it crosses the moon? or it won't cross the moon at your location?

At my location on Anglesey the first crossing is on Thursday evening

Its wierd that my Calsky hasnt mentioned it when I can quite clearly see it on Stellarium.

It was a calsky email alert that gave me the heads up - went out last night a lo and behold the moon was just high enough for me to see and it was clear - got my bins out and waited.....as a huge blob of black cloud slowly ate the moon with about 2 minutes to go!!!

Archived