LP? What LP would that be then?

martin_h

The view to the east from my garden....over a hospital, I thought the NHS had no money? They sure found some to light the sky for me. Yes I know there will be reflection from the low cloud and drizzzle, but the light is still there!

post-16950-133877645662_thumb.jpg

I often wonder what Earth would look like through a telescope... say if you were on Jupiter looking back. Would you make out the blue of the oceans, the white of the clouds the sea of light polluted cities! I know when flying on holiday the glow of st lights are more than obvious even at 30,000 foot up. I always find it amazing how city dwellers are completely oblivious to the true amount of stars that line our skies. Being an astronomer going out to UK dark skies I'm aware that on a baron rock in the middle of no where even I would be blown away buy the true amount visible to the naked eye. It is a crying shame that some people will go through life never getting to appreciate how beautiful the night sky really is as it is constantly obscured by the orange glow of light pollution.

Archived