They're Back!

martin_h

good to see and cant wait till they are high up, any tips for this sort of DSO I guess for instance 10 min exposures are way over the top and the stars will just be blown out so may be its just lots of shorter exposures ?

John B

good to see and cant wait till they are high up, any tips for this sort of DSO I guess for instance 10 min exposures are way over the top and the stars will just be blown out so may be its just lots of shorter exposures ?

John B

That was 10 @ 3 mins, but will go longer when it gets higher.

John B

Not necessarily. I shot this target with a sensitive CCD in 10 minute subs at a fast F3.9.

I think what Martin is getting here is the effect of humidity in the artmosphere at low elevation. The idea is good. But I have no intention of even looking that way while we are enjoying high summer and I would thank Martin to remember such protocols!!!!!!!:smiley:

Olly

Not necessarily. I shot this target with a sensitive CCD in 10 minute subs at a fast F3.9.

I think what Martin is getting here is the effect of humidity in the artmosphere at low elevation. The idea is good. But I have no intention of even looking that way while we are enjoying high summer and I would thank Martin to remember such protocols!!!!!!!:smiley:

Olly

Summer? Whats that then?:)

And yes 10 mins is a good average once it climbs up out of the murk a bit - being so low at the moment the blue suffers a lot - which is exactly what you don't want for this shot!!

We saw them a couple of weeks ago whilst out very late. Busy trying to get a good shot of Jupiter, then noticed them rising over the barn roof. Quite a sight!! Forgotten how beautiful they are. Really intense blue on that night.

Superb image Martin. It has been like seeing old friends having M45 and Jupiter back in the night skies.

Please forgive me for trying but I had a feeble attempt at trying to make the stars slightly more pronounced from the dust clouds. More practicing my processing than critiquing your image.

SPACEBOY

Archived