SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

astro-physics refractor

andrew63

For anyone looking for a new instrument for the autumn nights.

On astro buy and sell, open to offers is a legendary astro-physics 130 refractor - probably as good as it gets! Hope someone is successful from here...

andrew

I've looked through a 5" Takahashi which is similarly respected (and priced !). The views were superb within the limits of the aperture although it's like the differences between expensive and very expensive eyepieces - the improvements are subtle, but are there. If I had the funding I'd like to own a scope of that quality but I'd accept that 4x the price does not get you 4x the performance of course :smiley:

You can read about them on the Cloudy Nights web site, they are about as good as it gets, I doubt you would be able to use it to its full potential in this country, with the indifferent seeing conditions we have here, but to have the chance and the money to afford it, yes please!! :smiley:

Archived