Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Signs of the Zodiac

Ursa Major

I thought it would be a nice idea to go to my birth date in Stellarium and see where the Sun was in my birth constellation.

You can see the constellation borders by pressing B.

To my horror :) the sun was outside the constellation and not actually in any of the zodiac constellations.

I then looked at my families birth dates and saw that for my sister (9th March), the sun was in Aquarius and not Pisces which is the one that all magazines and this web page tell you it is > 12 Signs of the Zodiac - Your Star Sign Explained in Detail

Why don’t you give it a go. Put your birth date into Stellarium and see if you are really what you think you are! :smiley:

I am afraid you will get short thrift with talk of astrology, which is essentially a religious discussion and nothing to do with astronomy.

I am going to close the thread for now before the floodgates open, I guess it might well get removed too.

In the meantime, there are probably plenty of places for discussing the ins and outs of supposed star signs, but here isn't one of them, sorry.

Cheers

Tim

Archived