Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Average Astronomer Age...

Keiran

What age range do you fall between?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What age range do you fall between?

• Aged 7 to 17 years...
    • Aged 18 to 27 years...
    • Aged 28 to 37 years...
    • Aged 38 to 47 years...
    • Aged 48 to 57 years...
    • Aged 58 to 67 years...
    • Aged 68 to 77 years...
    • Aged 78 to 87 years...
    • Aged 88 to 97 years...
    • Aged over 98 years...

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

21. I've been interested for as long as I can remember, though only had a scope for a week. I can remember when I was maybe 7 or 8 and my Dad showing me a star move across the sky and telling me that it was a satellite. I didn't believe him, as if you can see satellites from Earth...

He also told me that some hippies found some quarks called strange and charm underground in France, you can see why I'm studying physics - I had to check he wasn't making it all up.

35 and been into astronomy since I was about 8 but only bought a telescope last year! I did have a crappy little toy thing when I was young which kept me amused for hours at a time looking at the moon. It came with one of those I Spy books and was written by Patrick Moore I think. I never saw anything other than the moon though.

44 on friday!

I got into astronomy when I was about 11. My brother and I got into it together bourne out of a curiosity for aliens and UFO's and Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. We would look up in awe at the night sky wondering what those "moving lights "were. My Dad told me they were satellites but I was having none of it!!! ;)

I recall watching the launch of the first space shuttle in school. As a child it was a totally awesome event. We knew Neil Armstrong had landed on the Moon and had seen the footage but this was happening in my lifetime and I was watching it as it happened- who couldn't be inspired at that time?

47 yr for me, and the gemini and appolo missions got me into all things astro so that would make it about 5/6 onward.

i still remember my first astro model kit it was ed white and gemini 4. to young to build it i just watched in wonder as my uncle built and painted it for me

ahh memories

Archived