Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

opticstar ds-336c xl

old geezer

Did you took any darks? The light "source" on top of the images is either some leaking light or strange camera noise. If it's camera noise - dark will catch that.

As for the images - more frames / even longer exposures would be needed. Those are quite grainy - so they look like needing more data to be better ;)

Does Opticstar advises that 75% gain setting? Cameras they sell - 12 bit - have very high gain available. Highest settings are way to much for the full 12-bit A/D.

Edit: Message returned

dear rik,thank you for the comments.the light patch is from a refliction from the shiny end of the focusing tube because its is so far so its not a camera fault.on the telescope i had to move the mirror forwards by 1 inch 2 get a dslr to focus so the tube is further is.i will paint it black.as for the dark frames i didnt take any as this was just a first test.as for the gain i think the default is 63 % as thats what appears on switch on.ime finding that i can take 5 or maybe 30 minit exposures with no problems or lots of small ones.in the end 10 x 5 minits is 50 minits plus darks then more for flats etc so a long time is spend doing nothing/something else.i have a sw eq3-2 which is pillar mounted as well so i may run them both at once as i have a few spare pc,s and enough cameras. ime not an expert with processing frames,i use dss,because i dont understand what thy do/why or how.if anything they show the cameras potential with a good imager/processer which ime not.would you use on?.many thanks from richard

Amp glow in general should be in top left corner. If it's somewhere else then it might be something else. Darks would answer that question and remove it without cropping the image... When I used DSI III Pro with the filter rail I had some light leakage through it so everything can happen ;)

And I should have Nebulosity tutorial (capture & process) on my website soon :hello2: needs to be translated from Polish :rolleyes:

Archived