Narrowband

First attempt at m51

toml42

Now that I have the correct power lead for the fan on my camera, I decided to focus on one target last night, i went for m51, because i've been desperate to image it and see if there's any trace of the supernova left!

m51q.jpg

This is 52 minutes of data. A mix of exposure times, but mostly 3 minute subs (unguided!). I'm still a little green on the processing side, so feel free to offer any tips ;) I stretched the curves quite a lot because i wanted that faint halo region to come out.

Hi I had a very quick go (hope you don't mind) at adjusting the curves and it stands out a lot better although the background does look unaturally dark but im sure it can be a great picture if processed properly. I have only just started to have a go at processing so I have a long way to go.

post-25644-133877643793_thumb.jpg

Cheers ;)

I'm using the brightstar l429. It uses the sony icx429ALL chip - the same one as in the meade dsi pro ii or the qhy6 pro. 8mm chip, 752x582 pixels and peltier cooled.

I think it's fantastic value for money, really happy with my purchase!

Archived