Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Aurora (Storm Level) - GO NOW!

Stephen

If you're not aware a rather hefty CME hit this evening and there's reports of aurora from as far south as North Wales and Wiltshire.

I'm in Derby and striking out so far, but most active should be around 00:30 according to the twitter massive.

Good luck ;)

(via. NickAstronomer, VirtualAstro and PeoplesAstro)

Visable on the Isle of Lewis (Eoropie) big green arc and purple, green and red curtains every now and then, only problem is that its still light to the north, very active on 50Mhz ham bands, due to the Aurora.

Good luck.

Here on the Nottingham/Derby border, I've got cloud with slightly clear patches - though there's hazy cloud mixed up amongst the clear patches! Any aurora would have to be pretty bright to detect from here. I've already set up my camera, and it's currently snapping away 25s exposures (at 400sio). Unlikely it'll capature anything, but here's hoping.

Archived