SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Tenerife!!

philhas

Visting my mum & step dad in Tenerife and the first thing mentioned was.....can you setup the scope my mum had bought for him two years ago! The funny thing is I couldn't remember what I had recommended and the fact that I wasn't really gazing at the time....so we found the large brown box in the cupboard, dragged it out and unwrapped it to find.....wait for it.....a Skywatcher MAK127 on a sync mount Fantastic!, I had nearly packed the ST80 as a travel scope and was glad I hadn't bothered. First light and he couldn't get a turn :rolleyes: M7 exploded out of the sky, I just couldn't believe the clarity. Talk about diamonds in the sky I couldn't get them all in the FOV of the stock 25mm! The sky was so clear I could see M6 in the finder scope ;) Needless to say I hogged the scope, with the milky way clearly visable even from the small town they live in with slight LP I saw the lagoon nebula and triffid nebula...my messier count went up and up the only problem is I will be back in the UK next week bugged by clouds and light polution:mad: Nevermind I have another 5 days here:hello2:

sounds great - i'm heading to Gran Canaria in october for a week, hope the views are good there too!!!

I am sure the views will be great from Gran Canaria:D...it's the clarity which gets you. Even down in the town at night the views are fantastic, apparantly it's packed up in the mountains at night with the star parties so hopefully I can take the car and go up there with the scope.

I am sure the views will be great from Gran Canaria:D...it's the clarity which gets you. Even down in the town at night the views are fantastic, apparantly it's packed up in the mountains at night with the star parties so hopefully I can take the car and go up there with the scope.

I have been up on Mount Tiede (Tenerife) at night. The skies at altitude are definately clearer, worth the trip.

Archived