meteors..... buying....... ebay????

garethmob

hey guys

i was part of a thread not long ago about one of our collegues on here found what we thought was a meteor

another one of our members mentioned various places and expessially turning one into jewialey like neckless

i was wondering if some one could give me some pointers in that respect as im looking for a nice one for a friend but i obv dont want to get any fake ones and sadly my budget dosent extend very much over half a ton i found the section on ebay but as i said i rather real one than fake

gaz

Look out for IMCA registered dealers (International Meteorite Collectors Association). Most are in the USA but I've bought many times and it's worked out fine. In the UK we have David Bryant's "Space Rocks":

David Bryant's Space Rocks! Meteorites for sale. Buy meteorites, sikhote alin, canyon diablo, barwell, tektites, moldavites, pallasites, impactites from the UK's Number 1

David is a speaker at the SW Astro Fair at the Norman Lockyer Observatory in Sidmouth, Devon, this Saturday :)

If you are looking for an iron meteorite I'd recommend Sikhote Alin. It's a very interesting witnessed fall and is much less prone to rusting than many other irons I've found.

Hope that helps :)

Archived