Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

And I thought Ethe were expensive !

John

Takahashi have some new ultra-wide eyepieces out:

Takahashi/Miyauchi Binocular Eyepieces

I guess $995 will convert to around £800 a throw, if they make it over here that is :)

They will be very well made though, as all Takahashi stuff seems to be.

Interestingly, they claim to eliminate coma, which I understood to be largely scope induced :)

I was corrected by by some smart alec ages ago for using "Ethoi" and "Ethe" seems to have become accepted elsewhere. Who cares really though - not me :)

Yep, the new Taks do look a bit dull don't they.

Down here, in the west country we would say "Etherrr" as in "Wanner look thru me Etherrs ?" and "Wat oipeece you usin thar boy ? - taint one of them Etherrrs tis it ?"

(apologies to all those who live in west country :) )

All very off-topic as well - back to the Takerhatchets :)

Down here, in the west country we would say "Etherrr" as in "Wanner look thru me Etherrs ?" and "Wat oipeece you usin thar boy ? - taint one of them Etherrrs tis it ?"

Unless they're from Brizzle, in which case it's probably "Wanner look thru me Ethuls".

James

John, I totally agree with the pronunciation I'm afraid (...head in hands) but you have to insert at least two 'gerts' in there as well if you want to be understood near the city centre.

So suggestions might read:

"Wanner look thru me 'gert' Ethuis"

"Wat 'gert' oipeece you usin thar boy - taint one of them 'gert' Etherrs tis it?"

The use of the word 'my babee' can be inserted at will almost anywhere in a sentence and is used by the locals as a welcoming term of affection (..or affliction) you can decide.:) You can see from my phrasing that I am desperately trying to distance myself from my heritage but alas I think I've gert failed - oh ******!!!! :):eek:

James

(....always aspiring to be posh and out of the city)

(apologies to all those who live in west country :rolleyes: )

I live in the west country, and I think that's a great summary of the general accent ;)

Archived