Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

johnh

Eagle Nebula Central in HubblePalette

Another truly spectacular image John the resolution is plain intimidating. I love the detail you have bought out in the Bok globules.

Regards

Kevin

Gosh, I missed these so thank goodness Kevin put me onto them. They are quite exceptionally good with colour at once vibrant and subtle - which is possible as you demonstrate. As for the resolution, what can one say?

Hats off.

Olly

Fantastic Eagle! One of the best I have seen in quite a while. The narrowband really makes a nice 3D effect with this one. Well done.

BEAUTIFULLY BEAUTIFUL !!

CRAFTFULLY CRAFTED !! (is this English??)

A FEAST TO THE EYE !!

Cheers,

Harel

johnh's work is, I think testament to the fact that undermounting a telescope doesn't really matter if you know what you're doing. (I'm assuming a 350 on an EQ6 would be considered undermounting?)

Jeez Louise, John! This looks like cosmic dragons fighting for the soul of the universe! You got guts to get that close to those monsters!

That's an awesome image - very hubble like! The resolution is fantastic.:smiley:

That's pretty stunning. :)

..mine is garish and loud which is the only way I know haw to process NB images.

If you've got photoshop you could try de-saturating the magenta a little. That should have the effect of toning down the stars but without losing the nice contrast and colour depth in the rest of the image.

Can't believe it's not hubble! And I envy your the view/possibility to photograph this. My favorite object ever :-)